Thursday, December 23, 2010

AKC Canine Partners - DON'T DO IT!

I received a bunch of support via Facebook.

The Superstition Kennel Club hosts Arizona's Wags For Wishes. All the proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Sounds like a good cause, right? I am withdrawing from the trial. I REFUSE to allow Superstition Kennel Club take any credit for fundraising with MY MONEY. I'll make a donation directly to Make-A-Wish.

In addition, I agreed to make tugs for their raffle. I was going to make at least 10 more tugs this week. It will not happen. I will donate the tugs that I have made, but I, once again, REFUSE to let Superstition Kennel Club get any credit for fundraising using MY LABOR, MY MATERIALS, and MY MONEY.

My Letter to Jumping Chollas, the apparent victim of my Facebook Post. I also copied Superstition Kennel Club and Scottsdale Dog Fanciers.

I didn't realize the poo storm that a Facebook message would cause. You and Wendy have been supportive of my dogs participating in AKC since our first trial. I appreciate that. There are over 30 responses to my Facebook post in support of me and my dogs. There are people in California, Utah and New Mexico refusing to enter this trial in support of my dogs.

My dogs were welcomed at Kachina, which was a large agility show with breed. I really don't see the difference.

I am really disappointed about not being allowed to enter Fiesta Cluster, especially since Superstition Kennel Club sponsors the majority of the local AKC trials. I volunteered to make tugs for the Wags raffle baskets. Diane will receive what tugs I have made, but my production has stopped. I absolutely REFUSE to allow SKC and AKC to take credit for fundraising using MY LABOR and MY TIME, especially when my Canine Partners are not welcome at Fiesta Cluster. I intend to withdraw from Wags because of Superstition's sponsorship. I'd rather donate directly to Make-A-Wish than to have SKC and AKC get any credit for my dollars.

I had also agreed to help a Golden Retriever club with tug donations for Fiesta Cluster. I just informed them today that I will not support Fiesta Cluster in any way.


Here are screenshots of the Facebook Love:


0 comments: